Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fickle Faith.

It's been a few weeks since I've blogged anything, which kind of proves something I've thought for a long time: I'm very fickle, I get bored with stuff easily, and I'm lazy.

Stuff like this happens all the time. I find something I really like, I hardcore go at it, then after a few days or weeks I just stop. I don't get it.

Like the time I wanted to learn a frontflip. I practiced, practiced, practiced and then even got to where I could do a decent one. I had planned on learning other cool flips and stuff too. But then one day I didn't feel like practicing and it went.

The same thing went with this blog and other writing stuff I have done before. I start to get a nice feel for it and one day don't feel like it and I stop.

But the thing that really bothers me is that it happens all the time with my relationship with Jesus. I have a really spiritual, God seeking, awesome day or two. I watch videos, read scripture, and pray heavily, but then I stop. And as much as I hate to admit it, I think it's simply that I lose interest. That sounds terrible but it would be worse to lie to myself. Admitting your problem is the first step to fixing it, right? Well my problem is that I lose interest easily, specifically in God. Now I can work on fixing it.

Except I can't fix it. Only God can fix it. But if I lose interest in God, will I ask for his help to get my interest in him back?

So I guess I'm asking for your help by encouragement and prayer. If you find a cool peice of scripture or something you think I should read or watch, tell me. Ask me how I'm doing in my faith. Pray for me.

This works the other way too. I can do the same for you to. If you need prayer for something specific or just want prayer in general, tell me. If you want me to keep tabs on you and your faith, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Let's bring full-force fellowship back to Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment