Thursday, February 3, 2011

Being Saved in a Sucky World

There's a lot of crazy stuff in the world. People dying, crazy weather, stuff blowing up. It happens all the time. Do you ever think about that? Like tomorrow some crazy guy could go in whatever crowded building you are in and just start laying waste to people. You could die. Or you could live and witness a bunch of other people die. You would be traumatized for life. You might develop a mental or anxiety disorder or disorders. That would really suck.

Why am I writing all this scary, maybe depressing stuff to you? Good question! I didn't even have an answer when I first started. I was just like, "Hey I'm gonna write some depressing stuff and go from there." So I did. And now I'm here. And you still don't know the point of this. So here goes. You need security. You need to know if something happens to you, it's ok. You need to realize that bad things will happen. Tell yourself, "Hey this world sucks, like hardcore. But hey, that's ok."

You know why it can be ok? Because if you are saved this is the worst it gets. That famous quote says something about, "To the unbeliever this is the only heaven they'll know. To the believer this is the only hell they'll know." It's completely true. After I die no matter how miserable my life on earth, I'm going to spend eternity with Jesus. I hope you can say the same about yourself. I really do. I don't wish that anyone spend an eternity in hell. That's just so terrible to think about.

So I pray that everyone who reads this ridiculous, humorous blog post does realize I am serious about being saved. Jesus is the only way to heaven. No one will come to the Father except through him. The path is narrow and few will enter the kingdom of heaven. I hope you'll be one of them. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment